Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let's hear it for the boy...

So the most important person on this journey with me is my husband, Paul. We met some years ago, remained friends through my college, then his college, and when he graduated we reconnected and ended up erring married. He's a great guy and I always kinda thought we would end up together!

In the Beginning

So we married on November 23, 2009 and we really didn't have a lot of time together. I was teaching in south Florida and he was in army training in Virginia. There were a lot of a phone calls, texts and emails, but it wouldn't be until he announced being stationed in Hawaii that we would finally move in together and start our lives.



We were together about a month before Paul had to go to California for a month for training, he came back in february only to leave in April for a year long deployment in Afghanistan.



While he was away, we spoke nearly every day and we spent a lot of that time talking about when we wanted to start a family. We decided that we would try when he came home April 2012 and here we are!!

The Beginning of the Pregnancy

Since the beginning of the pregnancy, it's been kind of hard to coax some excitement out of Paul. At first he was pretty excited. He was excited to find out, to tell friends and family, just in general. After a little bit, he seemed to not be as excited. Now granted, the thought that I'm creating a new human being, a new person that wasn't previously on the planet, is the most crazy, amazing, awesome thought to me, Paul actually doesn't get excited about anything really. I feel like just because everything is crazy to me, that it should be to him too, which isn't really fair because he's not the kind of guy to get overly excited about anything (he's VERY even keeled, which is why he's my rock!), so why should this be different?

I know he has a lot of stress on his shoulders right now, so I totally understand his lack of glee. He just started a new job, they're already ramping up for another deployment (where he will be leaving not only his wife but 6 month old baby boy behind), and we just went from 2 people living on 2 incomes to 3 people living on 1 income. It's a lot for any person to have to think about and I don't know how he does it! He's a great guy. If he's half the dad that he is husband, we're an incredibly blessed family!

No comments:

Post a Comment