Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's been so long!!

I think the last time I wrote we were supposed to get an ultrasound to make sure there were no signs of Downs since our quad screen gave us a chance of 1:182. Everything looks fine, but it was weird to me that right after the ultrasound, the doctor asked me if I wanted an amnio. Like just casually. There's a 2-4% chance of miscarriage with amnio, we only have  a 0.5% chance of Downs, not odds I was comfortable with. I think we're fine.

So lets fast-forward to today. Today mom and I are going crib shopping. It's pretty hard here in Hawaii. Why? Because everyone is pregnant and no one here carries a stock of cribs and no companies (amazon or otherwise) ship cribs to Hawaii! At least the rest of the shopping/registry gathering should be a little easier.

I've decided that I want to go a little old school with Arjun. We're planning on cloth diapers, glass baby bottles and cloth baby wipes. I feel like since I will be home I want to concentrate more on what is best for him and less about what is convenient for me. Mostly because I will have one child, and no job other than being his mom. Well that and being a wife ;) I never realized how much research there was to do in putting together a registry. With a wedding it's so easy! "Oh this looks pretty, this I may use, I need some of this," just walking around a Crate and Barrel scanning everything. Shopping for your child is different. You have to research everything!! "What is the best I can get for within my budget?"

Gah! So much. Well at least I've narrowed it down to my Amazon Registry:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/baby/ref=gno_listpop_br

and Babies R Us Registry:

http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_c7A211E1E-02DE-AF11-9057-644DE21010CD_k146B983C-D6F3-2FC2-4DDD-045358012374&overrideStore=TRUS

No comments:

Post a Comment