Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Month Down w27d6

There were a few things that I wanted to blog about today, so I figured I'd start listing my objectives first so that I stop rambling so much!! Here's what's up now that I'm 27weeks

Dr.'s Appointment:

So this week we had another Dr.'s Appointment. It's weird, last time we went, he added a week to what week we're actually on. On Tuesday, when the appointment was, I was 27w3d, when he checked my uterus, he said, "26..27..28... yep, 28 weeks, right on track!"Maybe he just means I have 27 weeks out of the way and I'm working on the 28th? Meh.

So I let the Dr. know that every once in a while, my heart rate will spike. I mean it's usually around 85-95, but sometimes it will randomly get to 145! The first time it happened, I was watching football and had a cup of coffee, both things that could make my pulse rise, but it happened again a couple times after that. So the Dr. did an EKG on Arjun, and he was hanging out, moving like a champ.

This was the first time that Paul could see him move. Needless to say, he was totally freaked out! I think that now we're in the second trimester, he's getting freaked out by the thought that Arjun is a baby inside of me.  Like he looks like a human and takes up a huge portion of my stomach cavity.



I mean, looking at that picture, I guess it is a little scary. Our little man is growing up so fast, lol. He kicks, and moves and he can blink and hear me. Right now, Arjun's favorite thing to do is punch and kick at my colon. Paul says, "he's already a pain in your ass!"


Grilling Adventures

So after the Dr. I told Paul that I would grill up some tandoori chicken for dinner. We have a Weber Gas Grill and about 6 months or so ago, the ignition button stopped working. I guess Paul would bypass this by turning on one burner, letting the bottom of the grill fill, then lighting it with a clicker lighter. So I thought I would turn on all the burners and give it a go. I started the grill alright, along with burning the tips of my eye lashes, eye brows, and singeing all of the baby hairs surrounding my face! I was so freaked out that I started crying, I was a mess! I'm ok, and it could have been WAY worse, but that was my last day ever using a gas grill!

Registry Nightmares 

I've been trying to work on my baby registry. It's hard to tell people what I need and want when I have no idea what I need and want! Luckily, sites like Amazon and Babies R Us, have lists that you can go off of, and categories of things you will need. I've put a lot of things on there. Things I think I'll need, things I think I'll want, things that would be nice to have. I put a lot of big ticket items on there, not so much that other people will buy them, but if we don't complete the list, we'll get 10% off of whatever is left on the list.

We do finally have some things that we could agree on and our parents have bought for us. We decided to go with:

Baby Cache Essentials Curved Lifetime Crib and matching dresser



Also we went with the BOB Revolution SE Stroller



And the Britax B-Safe Car Seat.



Cloth Diapers

I've been compiling everything onto the Amazon list , which is cool because I can link other registries to that one. So you just go to my amazon, and you can see my Babies R Us registry and my registry for this super cool local store I found called Baby Awearness. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I'm planning to go old school with Arjun. I'm planning on doing glass baby bottles and cloth diapers. As soon as I told Paul about the cloth diapers, he pretty much said he was out! The thought of scraping poop out of a cloth diaper, then having it sit around for a day or two, totally grossed paul out. To be honest, it was kind of scaring me having all of our disposable diaper dependent parent friends telling me that I was going to abandon cloth diapering in a heartbeat. I went online and I looked up diapering and it was all so overwhelming, and to be honest, I still didn't really understand the process, so I tried looking for a place on island that sold the diapers so that I could feel them and understand what I was getting us into.

I found Baby Awearness and we went in and were greeted by a super helpful worker, Jenny (I believe). She sat with us and we went over all of the packages of diapers they have put together, to make beginners diapering a breeze. The best part? Their packages were comparable to prices you would find online! Save money, support a local business, and get all the support I need with the process? Winning! So as soon as I go back and get some notes down, I'll start blogging about the brands of diapers I really liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment